Are you looking for ways for your website to get discovered? Do you want to create brand awareness, boost your ranking, drive traffic and increase conversion? If you say yes to all of these, then you should try one of the oldest and effective digital marketing strategies to create natural links and achieve better SEO ranking — guest blogging.
What is guest blogging?
It is a digital marketing strategy where the website owner invites a guest blogger or a writer to post on their website. Publishing a guest blogger’s work on your website will open avenues for a new audience to discover your website. It mutually benefits you and the guest blogger. This content marketing style will lead to brand awareness, improved reputation, and more traffic, and it is good for SEO.
What are the benefits you can get from guest blogging?
This digital marketing style provides you with a lot of benefits. Plus, it is good for SEO. Here are some of its key benefits:
- Natural link building. Google uses backlinks as one of the measures of your website quality. The more backlinks that lead to your website, the more value Google’s algorithm puts on it.
- It increases brand awareness. This strategy will build your reputation as a product or service provider. It will also give you online authority and will make your brand stand out from others.
- It increases your website’s traffic. With backlinks that lead to your site, you are sure to get more relevant traffic. Guest blogging will also improve your ranking on Google’s search engine results page.
- It generates leads. Did you know that 90% of consumers say that online reviews influence their purchasing decision? Guest bloggers writing about your service or product will give you an edge over your competitor. It gives readers a heads up on what you offer.
- Networks you with collaborators in your niche. Working with like-minded individuals will give you allies in your industry. It will help you learn new ideas, provide an avenue for discussion, and will allow you to grow.
How do you find the right guest blogger?
Do your research. You have to find out who the top bloggers in your industry are. You can also prowl on social media platforms to see who you can approach for guest blogging gigs. There are also resources that you can check that allow blog syndication. There is one thing that you must remember when looking for a guest blogger — that person must be credible.
Guest blogging is a digital marketing strategy that will never grow old. It has helped countless businesses in the past, and it will continue to help out more businesses in the future. You should never brush this strategy aside—take full advantage of it.
If you want to know more about this, you can check out my blog What is Off-Page SEO? SEO Tips.
You can contact me if you want to know how SEO guest blogging can help your business.
Rob Dunford is a marketing consultant based in the Great Toronto Area. I have over 20 years of experience in marketing planning and implementing for small business.